Ontario Siberians Contract of Sale
Upon my providing you with your kitten, it is assumed that the following contract has been read, understood and agreed to by you, the buyer. I will also ask you to sign the contract upon picking up your pet.
Purchaser and Seller agree to the following:
• This contract refers to a registerable purebred Siberian cat/kitten sold as pet quality with limited registration unless otherwise noted in an addendum. The cat is guaranteed to be of sound health upon arrival into Purchaser’s care. It will have been veterinarian checked preceding its departure from Ontario Siberians. It will have been vaccinated against Panleukopenia, Rhinotrachetitis and Calcivirus. The Buyer will receive a health record from the Breeder’s veterinarian as proof of examination, all vaccines received, as well as a schedule of the vaccines still needed to maintain the kitten’s health in the future. The kitten has had 1 booster vaccination of FVRCP. Due to the age of the kitten at the time of release, the Rabies vaccine could NOT be administered. It is advised to have the kitten vaccinated with Rabies and the 2nd FVRCP at 16 weeks of age, (but not at the same time). Vaccinating your kitten with any non-core vaccinations, or doing multiple shots at one time will void your health guarantee. Please read our recommended vaccination protocol prior to visiting with your vet.
• The cat is guaranteed for a period of 3 days. This 3 day period is deemed to start on the day that the breeder feels the cat can be released to its new home. The cat can be returned within this time period for any reason whatsoever for a refund of the purchase price, less the deposit amount as long as vaccines are up to date and health booklet is returned. If returning a kitten due to sickness or health related issue, we ask that you provide veterinary proof that is obtained within 48 hours of taking home your kitten ensuring that the health issue was not due to buyer's negligence or caused by the buyer in any way. We have never sold a kitten that is ill and all our kittens are health checked prior to leaving thus we will need substantial proof for any reimbursement due to health related issues or injury. During this period of time, the kitten/cat should not be exposed to any ill animals (doing so will void this health guarantee).
• I will accept a kitten back due to allergies arising as long as the buyer has previously
ordered and tested with one of our fur samples. If you have allergies you MUST disclose this prior to buying a kitten and report any reaction to our fur samples prior to deposits being accepted. I will not sell a kitten to an allergy home unless a fur test is completed first or unless I feel that the buyer is a good candidate based on other evidence such as previous ownership or exposure to the Siberian breed of cat.
• All return shipping expenses and import charges or taxes shall be paid by the Purchaser in all cases.
• This cat/kitten will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outside. The only time it is permissible for the cat to be outdoors is when under supervision on a harness and leash or when protected within an approved cat enclosure.
• Ontario Siberians must be contacted if, at any time during the cat’s life, the buyer is unable to keep the cat. The Purchaser agrees to give the Breeder a chance to re-house the cat. The Purchaser also agrees that the cat, or any of its offspring, will never be sold, given, leased out, rented, loaned to an animal shelter, pet store, commercial or private, laboratory or research and development center. If this cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, the buyer agrees to surrender the cat and all rights to the cat to the Breeder or her representative unconditionally without benefit of refund or any course of reclaim.
• The Breeder will not be responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the Purchaser while the cat is in the possession of the Purchaser.
• Because this cat’s relatives will have been used in Ontario Siberians' breeding program, the Breeder wishes to be notified of any health problems discovered in the purchased cat as it may have an impact on the health of related cats.
• The Breeder has the right, at her discretion, to cancel this contract at any time before delivery of the cat. In this case, the full deposit will be returned to the Purchaser. Should the Purchaser cancel this agreement before the cat is delivered, or fail to pay the balance due on time, the cat may be sold to another and the Purchaser's full deposit will be retained as a cancellation fee.
• As this cat was purchased as a pet only, the Purchaser agrees to sterilize the cat before the age of six months. If this cat is found to be used as a breeding animal, Purchaser agrees to surrender said cat and all offspring (or monies attained from the sale of them) to the Breeder, unconditionally and with no monetary refund to Purchaser by Breeder. The Purchaser must furnish written veterinary proof of sterilization by the age of six months to the Breeder.
• The kitten/cat will receive a yearly veterinary examination to include any care needed to maintain the ongoing good health of this animal. The kitten/cat will not be denied veterinary care at any time.
•The kitten/cat will not be declawed
•Should all the conditions of this contract be upheld by the Purchase, the Breeder guarantees against the death of the kitten/cat due to genetic defects for one year form the date of purchase (FeLV, FIV, and FIP are not genetic and are specifically excluded). In the unlikely event of death of this kitten/cat due to genetic abnormalities (proof is to be provided to the Breeder in the form of a detailed autopsy report and a letter written by a licensed veterinarian stating the exact cause of death, and including the description of the kitten/cat’s date of birth, name, sexe, colour and pattern), the Breeder will have the option of either replacing the kitten/cat with one of equal quality (if available) or refund the Buyer’s purchase price (minus deposit amount). The total liability of the Breeder shall in no case exceed the purchase price of the kitten/cat (minus the deposit amount).
By signing this document, the contract and/or sales agreement, we, the Breeder and the Purchaser, consider it to be legally binding under all circumstances and in all courts of law. This sales agreement is non-transferable to other parties. Any changes, additions, or omissions to this contract must be agreed upon in writing and dated and initialed by all parties.
All legal expenses incurred by Ontario Siberians to enforce the terms of this contract will be paid by the Purchaser and all legal action, whether it be started by the Purchaser or the Breeder shall be conducted in Milton, Ontario, under the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. If one clause in this contract is declared void, that does not affect the rest of the contract which shall remain valid. This agreement is not to be superceded by any other agreement(s), be they written or verbal, unless accompanied with signed documentation outlining the new agreement or amendment.
To be signed and dated by both the breeder and the purchaser.